.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Technology (Read Only) => Programming => Topic started by: Sabb on April 11, 2012, 07:05:36 AM

Title: Minecraft: Mob Creation
Post by: Sabb on April 11, 2012, 07:05:36 AM
I've had an idea in my head for a mob or two that I could make in Minecraft. The idea's being based around making the game scary/creepier, but I was wondering if anyone has tried doing this before, how difficult it may be, etc, and if anyone could help me somehow. Currently I know how I can make the model and have started but don't know much beyond that.
Title: Re: Minecraft: Mob Creation
Post by: Frank on April 11, 2012, 03:11:29 PM
You're not fucking putting a screamer in Minecraft.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww.

But maybe a mob that doesn't allow you to use tools or teleport?
Post by: Sabb on April 11, 2012, 05:39:50 PM
You're not fucking putting a screamer in Minecraft.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww.

But maybe a mob that doesn't allow you to use tools or teleport?
Not a screamer lol. Something that's just legitimately creepy/scary. Nothing like a screamer. I don't know how much of it I can make if any though, but I'm really hoping I can do it. I've got most of the model done already... it's extremely simple. The only hard part about the model is making the skin... do not want. Fucking suck at any making kind of graphic.
Post by: Doctor Who on April 11, 2012, 05:50:04 PM
Not a screamer lol. Something that's just legitimately creepy/scary. Nothing like a screamer. I don't know how much of it I can make if any though, but I'm really hoping I can do it. I've got most of the model done already... it's extremely simple. The only hard part about the model is making the skin... do not want. Fucking suck at any making kind of graphic.
Minecraft Weeping Angels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWaa2FCq-M#ws)
Post by: Sabb on April 11, 2012, 05:50:52 PM
Minecraft Weeping Angels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWaa2FCq-M#ws)
Way, way better.
Post by: Doctor Who on April 11, 2012, 05:55:42 PM
Way, way better.
How about a shape shifting block mob with witch sounds..?
Post by: Sabb on April 11, 2012, 05:57:21 PM
How about a shape shifting block mob with witch sounds..?
yano
Post by: Сєşάя on April 13, 2012, 05:13:10 AM
Interesting...do you used Java, right ? Because the game itself that was made in Java.
Post by: Sabb on April 13, 2012, 05:54:32 AM
Interesting...do you used Java, right ? Because the game itself that was made in Java.
Yea it's with Java lol.
Post by: ursus on April 13, 2012, 08:55:37 AM
A silverfish-like mob that hides in blocks. When you hit it, there's a puff of smoke, your brightness becomes significantly lower, it gives out a HL2 stalker-like scream, and starts chasing you.

Just my idea.
Post by: Sabb on April 13, 2012, 08:56:39 AM
A silverfish-like mob that hides in blocks. When you hit it, there's a puff of smoke, your brightness becomes significantly lower, it gives out a HL2 stalker-like scream, and starts chasing you.

Just my idea.
Nope better. SLIGHTLY similar in a way though.
Post by: ursus on April 13, 2012, 09:16:49 AM
Nope better. SLIGHTLY similar in a way though.

I want something with the stalker scream though.
Post by: Sabb on April 13, 2012, 11:51:45 AM
I want something with the stalker scream though.
nop
Post by: Doctor Who on April 13, 2012, 12:07:52 PM

Just my idea.
Thats the same as the shape shifting mob block along with the scream .___.
Post by: ○ Μαρία ○ on April 13, 2012, 12:14:54 PM
Even though I don't particularly like scary shit in any form, I think a screamer of some sort would be fun because... well its not like the simple stuff doesn't already make me scream. And like what Gamefreak said, I think you should make it a trap block of some sort, so when you're mining or digging or something, you would hit it without realizing (though it should have some sort of color in it to make it eligible to stop yourself) it would like become the mob and scream and come after you and shit. ._.

Post by: Sabb on April 13, 2012, 12:29:00 PM
Even though I don't particularly like scary shit in any form, I think a screamer of some sort would be fun because... well its not like the simple stuff doesn't already make me scream. And like what Gamefreak said, I think you should make it a trap block of some sort, so when you're mining or digging or something, you would hit it without realizing (though it should have some sort of color in it to make it eligible to stop yourself) it would like become the mob and scream and come after you and shit. ._.
I'll explain what I have planned in a bit.
Post by: Frank on April 13, 2012, 12:47:00 PM
Please don't make no hidden blocks.
Post by: Sabb on April 13, 2012, 01:38:05 PM
Please don't make no hidden blocks.
If you mean a monster hidden in a block, then that's kind of what I want go do. It's going to be a monster that runs into a block when it's seen, and it'll die if you break the block, with a scream and maybe smoke I guess. The monster wouldbattack if it sees you first,  by charging at you.
Post by: Roach :3 on April 14, 2012, 08:10:17 AM
Sabb, java is hundred times easier than LUA, I've already made a mod for minecraft but dropped it in the middle do to MCP being updated too fast anyway.
I can help you with the skin of the mob but coding mobs is not to me, I can code items and blocks...
I can try and find the tutorial I learned from and PM you it.

Altho' I need to know the idea itself, the idea of the monster going into the block might be tricky and you'll need to be at least mid to good in minecraft Java.
but just making a mob and the other stuff is rather easy.
Post by: Sabb on April 14, 2012, 10:39:11 AM
Sabb, java is hundred times easier than LUA, I've already made a mod for minecraft but dropped it in the middle do to MCP being updated too fast anyway.
I can help you with the skin of the mob but coding mobs is not to me, I can code items and blocks...
I can try and find the tutorial I learned from and PM you it.

Altho' I need to know the idea itself, the idea of the monster going into the block might be tricky and you'll need to be at least mid to good in minecraft Java.
but just making a mob and the other stuff is rather easy.
Alright, but Java itself isn't easy lol. For simple Minecraft purposes, I suppose it is, but LUA is a scripting language where Java is a object-oriented programming language which is quite different, and a lot harder with more capabilities I guess.
But any ways, I understand fully all the logic towards what I need to do, I just need to know how to translate it into Java. And if you have any tutorials you found helpful for somehting you've done, that'd be great if you could show me.
Post by: Roach :3 on April 22, 2012, 06:59:27 AM
Okay sure, I'll post them once I find them.
Post by: Astropilot on May 08, 2012, 02:57:30 PM
Things that climb up walls and stick on to ceilings.
Post by: The Ghost Of Anony Mouse on May 09, 2012, 01:39:27 AM
Things that climb up walls and stick on to ceilings.

(http://www.gfxtra.com/uploads/posts_images/3/3/33368/4.jpg)