.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Restricted (Read Only) => Übermensch Members => Topic started by: Cake Faice on January 16, 2012, 08:22:01 PM

Title: Anyone feel that the US has no back bone anymore?
Post by: Cake Faice on January 16, 2012, 08:22:01 PM
I mean, today, people get offended by the smallest shit, and tend to over-react to it. I'm beginning to think politicians can't really say the truth anymore without "offending" someone. You can't even use freedom of speech anymore without some form of offending people. Even if you choose to re-word your statement wisely, it's still going to piss someone off.

Anyone else think so?
Title: Re: Anyone feel that the US has no back bone anymore?
Post by: ursus on January 16, 2012, 08:38:59 PM
Everyone is liberal as fuck.
Post by: Seb on January 17, 2012, 11:39:38 AM
Everyone is liberal as fuck.
Post by: Sabb on January 17, 2012, 12:51:31 PM
I like Canada.
Post by: Dale Feles on January 17, 2012, 01:36:52 PM
I like Canada.
Post by: Mr. Franklin on January 17, 2012, 02:46:53 PM
good thing i'm a republication, and ignore liberal ranting.
Post by: blαh2355 on January 17, 2012, 02:47:51 PM
I ignore everything :)
Post by: Sabb on January 17, 2012, 04:30:05 PM
good thing i'm a Canadian, and don't really care.
Post by: Cake Faice on January 17, 2012, 06:00:24 PM
Good thing I've already established how proud I am of being a Canadian.
Post by: Frank on January 17, 2012, 06:07:42 PM
Good thing I'm from America.
Post by: Seb on January 17, 2012, 07:14:41 PM
If I believe in some commie ideals and some conservative ideals, what does that make me?
Post by: Shawn on January 17, 2012, 08:02:56 PM
I like Canada.

I concur.
Post by: Frank on January 17, 2012, 10:45:23 PM
If I believe in some commie ideals and some conservative ideals, what does that make me?
Conservative only means you don't want to change.
Post by: Cheesicle on January 18, 2012, 01:48:26 AM
The problem with America nowadays is that people only want to hear what they want. If it's something they don't like, they want it to be illegal.

Take for instance Westboro Baptist Church.

NOTE: I IN NO WAY CONDONE THE ACTIONS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCHS AND/OR IT'S MEMBERS.

Westboro Baptist Church protesting with signs saying "GOD HATES FAGS"
This is free speech, yet everyone wishes that WBC was completely banned from protesting.
And I know WBC is completely in the wrong here, and that they should at least consider the feelings of other people, but still, it's a right guaranteed to them in the Constitution.
Yet EVERYONE wants to revoke this right to them. Why? Because we as human beings are extremely selfish and easily offended. It's just the way it is.

Then again, you can have a "2Pac-ish" take on the matter, and "Fuck the Constitution" - 2Pac (Crooked Nigga Too).
Post by: Seb on January 18, 2012, 04:10:57 AM
NOTE: I IN NO WAY CONDONE THE ACTIONS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCHS AND/OR IT'S MEMBERS.

Sorry Cheese, but the rest of this post is invalidated due to this.
Post by: Sabb on January 18, 2012, 05:00:56 AM
good thing i--
not really I just don't care.
Post by: Frank on January 18, 2012, 07:03:29 AM
No, you see, as your freedom ends where someone else's starts, you can't just go around saying stupid shit to anyone. That's not a right. You have the right to say whatever the fuck you want as long as you have arguments, proof, evidence, etc.

WBC has fucking nothing.
Post by: Seb on January 18, 2012, 07:28:28 AM
No, you see, as your freedom ends where someone else's starts, you can't just go around saying stupid shit to anyone. That's not a right. You have the right to say whatever the fuck you want as long as you have arguments, proof, evidence, etc.

WBC has fucking nothing.

But people throwing shitfits at the tiniest things stifle progress. Your feelings are going to be hurt sometimes. Even by the government. People have to learn to deal with it and not be so retarded, and by trying to please everybody you please nobody.

The US puts more safety regulations on a fucking inflatable mattress than Japan puts on a nuclear reactor.
Post by: memo3300 on January 18, 2012, 07:41:25 AM
Good thing I'm from America.
Post by: Cake Faice on January 18, 2012, 12:15:27 PM
Cheese, the whole easily offended thing doesn't apply to the WBC. The WBC takes offense to a indescribable level, and they have no argument to back it up other than "GOD SAID SO". They actually don't deserve the right to protest, and deserve any pain inflected upon them (within reason) for doing so.
Post by: Osme on January 26, 2012, 11:05:22 AM
Cheese, the whole easily offended thing doesn't apply to the WBC. The WBC takes offense to a indescribable level, and they have no argument to back it up other than "GOD SAID SO". They actually don't deserve the right to protest, and deserve any pain inflected upon them (within reason) for doing so.
Its gotten to the point where they arnt even trying to make the god argument, they just exist purely to hate people and to piss off everyone. If the objective is to offend people, thats going beyond freedom of speech, thats just harassment.