.:`=-~rANdOm~`-=:. Game Servers

Support (Read Only) => Suggestions => Topic started by: Alphaggot on December 24, 2011, 08:31:40 PM

Title: New gamemodes
Post by: Alphaggot on December 24, 2011, 08:31:40 PM
New game modes. The thought has really been floating around in my mind for a while. What I think is that we should replace some game modes with newer ones.

TTT has become a horror show where everybody RDMs. I don't even know the rules anymore so I can't enforce anything.
I don't think many people even play Winter Survival anymore.
Green Shift was overshadowed by Stronghold.

Mind you these are my opinions, I'm not speaking on behalf of other people. These are just my thoughts.
Title: Re: New gamemodes
Post by: Deathie on December 24, 2011, 08:37:07 PM
TTT should go back to the way it was before perma-karma was introduced :V

RDMing wasn't as big of a problem as you think it was.
Post by: Deacon on December 24, 2011, 08:45:05 PM
I'm never going to let you guys get rid of Green Shift. At least not before I get Gmod on this PC.
Post by: Prox on December 25, 2011, 03:03:53 AM
I think that bans on TTT should be made longer, much longer for a certain period of time to see how that would work. By that I mean that normally 1 day ban would be 5 or 7 days and 1 week ban would be 3 or 4 weeks long.

Now if there are any good new game modes then why not?
Post by: Ἆxule on December 25, 2011, 03:09:44 AM
We could add a KF server?
Post by: Don on December 25, 2011, 03:21:04 AM
TTT should go back to the way it was before perma-karma was introduced :V

RDMing wasn't as big of a problem as you think it was.
There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to do this ._.
Post by: Apie2 on December 25, 2011, 07:42:34 AM
Never ever delete TTT.
It's so much times full.
Why would you delete a server where everybody plays on. D:
Post by: ursus on December 25, 2011, 07:49:51 AM

1. Nobody would bait other players, because you can't lose half your karma for killing one person anymore.

That's one.
Post by: Deacon on December 25, 2011, 09:02:03 AM
1. Nobody would bait other players, because you can't lose half your karma for killing one person anymore.

That's one.

2: Kill someone innocent? Reconnect, never happened.
No lessons would be learned, no rules followed.

I agree with prox, we should be much stricter on repeat offenders
Post by: ursus on December 25, 2011, 09:06:29 AM
2: Kill someone innocent? Reconnect, never happened.
No lessons would be learned, no rules followed.

I agree with prox, we should be much stricter on repeat offenders

You say that like we don't have any admins, VIPs, or people who write reports.
Post by: Prox on December 25, 2011, 09:16:45 AM
You say that like we don't have any admins, VIPs, or people who write reports.
But that's only about 10 percent or less of all the people who play on TTT ._. and probably even less if we're speaking about all of the servers.
Post by: Frank on December 25, 2011, 09:18:31 AM
I think we should have Daily Karma.

Also, Deacon, it resets when mapchange, not when you reconnect.
Post by: Apie2 on December 25, 2011, 09:30:08 AM
I want a server with only gspleef. :D
Post by: Don on December 25, 2011, 10:40:24 AM

That's one.
LOL WHAT

If anything, baiting would be even worse since you could shoot players without any trouble.
Post by: ursus on December 25, 2011, 11:03:35 AM
LOL WHAT

If anything, baiting would be even worse since you could shoot players without any trouble.

The point is, if you baited someone they could also just kill you with no trouble.

The point of baiting is to make SOMEONE ELSE lose karma.
Post by: Deacon on December 25, 2011, 02:38:55 PM
The point is, if you baited someone they could also just kill you with no trouble.

The point of baiting is to make SOMEONE ELSE lose karma.

Its actually not. The point of baiting is to get traitors to get scared and shoot back, at which point you call them out and everyone kills them.
Now if someones innocent and following you around with a damn knife, they need to be banned.
Post by: ursus on December 25, 2011, 04:53:24 PM
Its actually not. The point of baiting is to get traitors to get scared and shoot back, at which point you call them out and everyone kills them.
Now if someones innocent and following you around with a damn knife, they need to be banned.

What.

Why not just call them out anyway .-.
Post by: Deacon on December 25, 2011, 05:12:04 PM
What.

Why not just call them out anyway .-.

Baiting: Shooting around people's feet to scare them. As a traitor, the default response is "OH SHIT THEY KNOW" and you shoot back. Therefore revealing yourself as a traitor.
Post by: Mr. Franklin on December 25, 2011, 08:13:09 PM
Is there a possibility of putting flood back up? Greenshift needs to go, because stronghold is very similar to it. Or, get rid of stronghold and keep greenshift, just an idea though.
Post by: Frank on December 25, 2011, 09:53:55 PM
Is there a possibility of putting flood back up? Greenshift needs to go, because stronghold is very similar to it. Or, get rid of stronghold and keep greenshift, just an idea though.
Post by: Deacon on December 25, 2011, 11:03:36 PM
Please...for a few more days. Then I will let it go.
Post by: Ἆxule on December 25, 2011, 11:04:32 PM
Please...for a few more days. Then I will let it go.

I'll play with you until it's gone Deacon
Post by: Deacon on December 26, 2011, 12:21:39 AM
I'll play with you until it's gone Deacon

and then we'll play green shift what
Post by: memo3300 on December 26, 2011, 05:11:22 AM

flood was funnier with wheels and rigid ropes.
Post by: ursus on December 26, 2011, 07:34:20 AM
flood was funnier with wheels and rigid ropes.

One time, I went to a flood server that had stacker and the unbreakable tool usable by guests.
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on December 26, 2011, 03:50:29 PM
GreenShift suffers from a common problem: The experienced players are the ones who join when there are 0 players. When people whoa re less experience join they just get dominated by that other person and ragequit. I have had this happen to me in two gungame CS:S servers, Random's Stronghold at some point, and I've done it in Random's greenshift 3 fucking times. The fact of the matter is, is that either Stronghold or GreenShift needs to go.

I think we should have Daily Karma.

Hmm. Weekly karma or monthly karma might be better suited.
Post by: Deathie on December 26, 2011, 07:05:28 PM

This, I could appreciate.
Post by: Pilgrim on December 27, 2011, 09:23:51 AM
GreenShift suffers from a common problem: The experienced players are the ones who join when there are 0 players. When people whoa re less experience join they just get dominated by that other person and ragequit. I have had this happen to me in two gungame CS:S servers, Random's Stronghold at some point, and I've done it in Random's greenshift 3 fucking times. The fact of the matter is, is that either Stronghold or GreenShift needs to go.

If this is the case, which i believe it is, green shift should go. Green shift is normally empty, and is rarely full.
Stronghold usually has people onand is full much more often.
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on January 02, 2012, 12:30:35 PM
If this is the case, which i believe it is, green shift should go. Green shift is normally empty, and is rarely full.
Stronghold usually has people onand is full much more often.

I regretfully agree with that. Although I prefer GreenShift over Stronghold by alot, GreenShift is unplayable due to a sharp lack of players.  :'(
Post by: Hotgreensoldier on January 02, 2012, 11:05:21 PM
I regretfully agree with that. Although I prefer GreenShift over Stronghold by alot, GreenShift is unplayable due to a sharp lack of players.  :'(

I joined Green Shift and got a steady game of 6 people going.

It's easy to do if you manage to get 1-3 people on and start inviting more.
Post by: yoshi on January 02, 2012, 11:25:54 PM

You know what's funny? It seems there's been more reports about RDM ever since Permakarma came.
Well that's FROM WHAT i see. Inb4 -1 please
Post by: Deacon on January 02, 2012, 11:29:29 PM
You know what's funny? It seems there's been more reports about RDM ever since Permakarma came.

The problem arises not from RDM's occurring, but from the fact that killing an RDM'er destroys your karma. Which means its a LOT harder to work it back up. People get angry easier.
Post by: Deathie on January 03, 2012, 01:14:55 AM

Although I still think permakarma is just stupid,

one of the reasons there were less reports back then (on all the servers) was because votekick and voteban were handed out to nearly everyone, so people just decided to "take matters into their own hands".
Post by: Eion Kilant 739 on January 03, 2012, 10:13:50 AM
I think I have a solution here, when an Innocent kills another Innocent their karma goes down right then and there but their damage dealt does not. That would curve the amount of karma lost after an RDMer is killed by a fellow Innocent. Would this be possible?

It could be acomplished by just lowering the player's karma but having the karma on the scoreboard and damage dealt not be updated until the end of the round.

In fact, I'm going to make a thread on this. It could realy help!
Post by: Deacon on January 03, 2012, 01:53:03 PM
I think I have a solution here, when an Innocent kills another Innocent their karma goes down right then and there but their damage dealt does not. That would curve the amount of karma lost after an RDMer is killed by a fellow Innocent. Would this be possible?

It could be acomplished by just lowering the player's karma but having the karma on the scoreboard and damage dealt not be updated until the end of the round.

In fact, I'm going to make a thread on this. It could realy help!

Um. Correct me if I'm wrong but karma isn't calculated until after the round. If I'm wrong I just figured out how to cheat. Either way, karma loss and damage dealt are calculated at round end and start